Charity Quilt

This is a Hands-2-Help charity quilt šŸ™‚

002This one is going to the RCMP Victim Services Unit here in Salmon Arm.

003It is 69×53″ and hand tied. I love hand tied quilts. They are so cozy and loveable!

008Almost as cozy and loveable as my assistant!

009I always want to see the back, don’t you? I used doodle fabric from IKEA šŸ™‚

011I received enoughdonated blocks to make this big lap-sized quilt plus a smaller cuddle quilt. I was going to take the cuddle quilt with me to Whitehorse this fall, but I’ve decided to donate it along with its “big sister” here in Salmon Arm instead. Because maybe there will be a sibling group that would like to have matching quilts.

About Nita

I retired early and moved to a new community. I blog about my adventures as I explore a new lifestyle. I write about quilting, knitting and needlework, about learning to sew my own garments, adventures in the kitchen and in the garden, dancing, hiking, yoga...life is my playground!
This entry was posted in Because you Matter, Charity, Quilts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Charity Quilt

1. KatieQ says:

Great quilts! I love the way the stars pop against the background squares. The backing fabric is perfect.

2. very lovely! the colors are beautiful and so is the design and they match! I hope they find home together. šŸ™‚

3. sdaurio says:

Purple and gold is one of my favorite combinations, well ok, purple and anything šŸ™‚ The backing fabric is so awesome. I love ikea fabrics for backing.

4. Ann X says:

Back is cute, indeed! I try to imagine a teenager with a baby brother enjoying there two. Like them a lot!

5. Sarah Craig says:

Both quilts are wonderful, Nita! And sure to be loved by their new owners. Thank you so much for bringing some international flavor to this year’s Hands2Help Charity Quilt Challenge!

6. selina says:

Love both your quilt and it’s mini side kick. they will be loved. The tieing is wonderful

7. Karen says:

Beautiful quilts. I am not sure which side I like the best. The backing fabric is awesome.

8. Great quilt! Congratulations on your finish!

9. Carol Broughton says:

Wow! Your quilts are lovely and sure to be loved by the recipients! Thanks for sharing!

10. Heidi says:

What a cute back! I love the whole quilt!

11. I LOVE this quilt and the back is so awesome!! Do stop by and link it under our charm pack quilts theme today!! (I love the white stars….I’M GOING TO DO THIS!!!!)

I'd love to hear your thoughts!